Thursday, September 15, 2011

Boat Party is Oct. 5

Jon Boat Improvement Day will be Wednesday, October 5 at Phil's Cool Springs Canoe Trailer Storage and Dry Dock. There is real work to be done and it's going to take some time, so plan to go straight to Sportsman's Lodge right after work where we'll roll out the blueprints before heading over to the warehouse.

Someone tell Frieda to tell Jim to look at these pictures we found on the interweb. This is one of the things on our To Do list:





______________

Three or four philosophers in bib overalls with brown juice in the corner of their mouths regarded me as I dumped the pup on the floor. Countrymen are usually unfond of dogs indoors, but I was tired of carrying him and didn't trust him alone outside by the highway. Their gazes told me that I was dirty even by their standards which by open evidence was not effete.

"Kind of motor you usin'?" the owner said. Four sets of hairy philosophical ears radared toward me.

"Canoe," I said.

And saw a quintuplicate reproduction of the expression on the face of the little man at Possum Kingdom dam.

"Tippy damn things," the owner said.

Goodbye to a River, pp. 120-21.


No comments: